Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Glory and the Response of God...

Ed and I at the peak of a mountain in the High Tatras 
The day began slightly different than most of the days we have had to this point. We ate breakfast and had a bus waiting to take us 30 minutes down the road to a small ski village at the foot of the High Tatras (a mountain range here in Slovakia). We were informed that it was going to be a difficult hike, but were up for the challenge. Eight miles and 5,500ft later we were at a stopping point.

Psalm 94:4 says, "In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also." On this half day hike there were moments that I walked with each student on the team from NCF to see how God had been working over their hearts. Stories of break-though in relationships began to pervade the conversation simultaneously there was a sense of being overwhelmed by the size of God's creation.

I also had some time to walk with Ed and discuss his role over the summer and the tremendous stress that it can be (though he would not admit it). God's Spirit has truly sustained him and Wendi (as well as family) during the difficult summer months and I can attest that the work they do has LASTING IMPACT and the passion with which they carry it out is palpable! Thank the Lord for missionaries like Ed and Wendi!

Each of the students on the NCF team are finding a niche with the students from Stara Tura and they are really digging into deep discussions in the free time (which is limited). A brief story of God's faithfulness in prayer that I experienced may prove to be helpful (I often share of others and not what God is using me for - so I thought it might be helpful).

Below is a picture of my roommate and I. Last night as I walked in to go to bed at 12:15am Miroslav and I began talking about the differences between Catholicism and Christianity. Just yesterday morning I had spent a lengthy time in prayer asking the Lord to pry open conversation where Jesus would be the center (I John 5:14-15). I can't recap the whole thing here, but the final question we discussed as we fell asleep (about 1:30) was, "I am wanting to understand this, does this (the Gospel) change people permanently or not?" Please continue to pray for me as I finish this discussion later tonight...

My roommate Miroslav
More will come in a few days (monday afternoon) when we have internet connectivity again.



No comments:

Post a Comment